AUS-NSW-HILLS-HAWKESBURY-HUNTER-VALLEY-L Archives

Archiver > AUS-NSW-HILLS-HAWKESBURY-HUNTER-VALLEY > 2001-11 > 1006204382

From: Rod Gow <>
Subject: Re: [HHHV] Re: Saxby
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:13:02 +1000

Dear Marie,

I had a quick look in the new pioneer register published by the Manning Valley
FHS and there are lots of Saxby entries.

an entry for Ada Saxby reads ...
Ada Aline Saxby (7th child of Edward Saxby & Rebecca Burley) b 1874 (Dungog) d
1930 (Wollongong) m 1899 (Wallsend) to Matthew Pettigrew

Her father b 26 May 1836 in Ssx Eng was a son of Robert Saxby and Mary Ann
Reeves

There are addresses for a couple of contributors of information for this
entry, if you would like the details let us know and we will pop them out to
you.

Heartseas wrote:

> Dear Rod,
>
> Thank you for answering my query. I know very little about the Saxby
> family except that Ada Saxby married my late husband's grandfather in 1899.
> She apparantly came from the Bowman, Barrington Tops area.
> However, I knew the family had a cordial factory somewhere in the Manning
> River area. I am doing some research on them for my grandson.
>
> Marie

This thread: