BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1218410229

From: "Mike Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [BOYD] Daniel Boyd, Donegal 1794 - Ohio 1867, family papers
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:17:09 +1000

Donna
firstly thank you for letting us know about this material.

To the list in general:-

Does anyone live near Ohio University?

This Daniel Boyd MAY BELONG to one of two Boyd brothers who were given land
in the late 1690's at Loughrous Point in SW Donegal. Descendants still live
in the area and in 2005, I spent a day with half a dozen families after
going to the Church of Ireland Church at Ardara.

I understand that at least one branch of this family became Methodist. So
Daniel's family MAY BE PART of these Boyds

Thank you

Mike Boyd
Historical Committee, HBS