BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1218410931

From: "Mike Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [BOYD] Scandalous Dr/Rev John Boyd VA>NC1730s
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:28:51 +1000

Maria
This Dr John Boyd would APPEAR TO BE about half a generation behind James
Boyd of Trochrig, whose son became the Laird of Penkill.

Q2 James Boyd, bc 1702 (Scot.), d 17xx (Virginia, USA), m 172x (Virginia,
USA), Mary Thatch, dau of Spencer Thatch, b 17xx, d 17xx, and had issue:-

[Lived: ]

- James was a physician in Virginia, USA. Need to find when he went to USA.
In 1999 I was told that this James lived in of King and Queen Co. VA.

This James Boyd settled in King and Queen County Virginia, so this John Boyd
MAY HAVE FOLLOWED him to the same area of Virginia. Hear I am assuming they
both went through Glasgow University and being Boyd's the families would
have know each other.

This John may have had a "problem" in Scotland so was sent to the "Colonies"
by his family.

Can any of our Virginian's keep an eye open for him please?

Mike Boyd
Historical Committee, HBS