BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1218499858

From: "Michelle Ligon" <>
Subject: Re: [BOYD] just found this - Alexander Boyd of Augusta Co.,VA - 1761
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:10:58 -0400

Mike,

I suspect that the first Alexander (in Karen's number one) is a different Alexander. That would very possibly be the Alexander who lived in Augusta, Wythe and Pulaski Counties.

However, the number two I believe might be the same Alexander as the Boydton, Virginia fellow.

See this map http://www.familyhistory101.com/maps/va_cf.html. Click on 1764. Mecklenburg is about to be formed that year, from Lunenburg.

As far as the family link with the Halifax Boyds, it is hard to guess whether there is one. That would be an exciting find.

I'm interested to know what others think.

Michelle