BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1218842218

From: "Mike Boyd" <>
Subject: Re: [BOYD] Fw: Fw: Captain Robert Boyd of 6th South CarolinaReserves
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:16:58 +1000

Tom
I was checking on the ship Hopewell - just to make sure the grey cells were
working - when I came across that I did have the names of the 5 ships for
Rev Martin:

"Surname Summary of those who came with the Rev Martin
These are the surnames which came with the Rev Martin as well as the ships
that they arrived on.
Surname
Lord Dunluce
Hopewell
PA Farmer
Free Mason
James and Mary "

I was told in 2007, that a lady in the US has done a passenger list for
these ships and there were a number of Boyd's on it. So I am not sure if
that means just Robert and William Boyd and their families or MORE BOYD
FAMILIES.

Perhaps someone on this list know of this passenger list.

What is now needed is now to find out where these ships sailed from and the
locations of the various Reformed Presbyterain Churches in County Antrim and
Ireland. (I am on the Down list, and a lady there has been taking about
people form Down going to Beaver Co., PA) Both Antrim and Down had quite a
lot of Boyd families.

Good hunting while I am away.

Mike Boyd
Historical Committee, HBS