BOYD-L Archives

Archiver > BOYD > 2008-08 > 1219001410

From: "Diggingupbones" <>
Subject: [BOYD] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:30:10 -0400

Just got this back from Rootsweb, so will try sending it to the group again.
Maybe someone can find the missing link.

Hi Frank.

Thanks for your offer on helping me find my Alexander Boyd, Frank. And
thanks to Lauren, I have been able to open the files Mike Boyd sent me that
were in Word2! I haven't been able to tie my Alexander into those families
yet, but hope to some day.

My Alexander was born in 1821 in Halifax VA and married in Greene Co., OH
in 1847. He served in the civil war from Iowa, where he also lived out his
years.

I haven't been able to find any prove as to the parents of my Alexander.
Have two different theories. One comes from his death certificate which
says John and Martha, but we believe that was really a brother and sister.
He named his first son George H. and the first daughter Mary which seems to
go along with a document found that gave Alexander as a son of George Boyd
and Mary Haley Boyd with other siblings. However after those two his
children it seems the names or second name comes from his wife's side of the
family. From Alexander down to the present everything has been documented
and proven, but can't seem to find anything to show his ancestors.

It seems there were lots of guys named George, Robert, Patrick, and James
in Halifax Co, VA and it seems they all lived near the Dan River at the same
time.

Most of the Boyd research that is coming through seems to be back at least 2
generations from my Alexander, and those two generations are my brick
wall!!! I wonder are there any researchers in the Boyd list that are just
interested in finding more cousins from the years 1800's - 2000's??? Seems
like some of the research coming through must have relatives that had
relatives in Halifax at one time. I guess I'll just keep checking the list!

Karen

This thread: