GLOUCESTER-L Archives

Archiver > GLOUCESTER > 2005-06 > 1120060718

From: "Ruth Curtis" <>
Subject: RE: [GLS] Great News!!
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:28:42 +0930

It certainly is good news, Judy. Congratulations to all those who worked so
hard for this to happen.

Obviously, Jean, it will never happen in the UK unless the same amount of
work is done by residents there.

In my experience, nothing ever happens in parliament unless the sitting
members think that there are votes in it. So, if this is an important issue
with residents of the UK, then you should copy whatever has been done in
Canada to make this happen.

I would happily join in such a campaign, but I doubt that my voice would
mean much - as a resident of Australia I don't vote in UK elections, and
therefore, my opinions would count for nought with politicians there.

Regards

Ruth Curtis
Adelaide, South Australia

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Norton AntiVirus 2005