IRL-LIMERICK-L Archives

Archiver > IRL-LIMERICK > 2010-12 > 1293798256

From: <>
Subject: Re: [IRL-LIMERICK] IRL-LIMERICK Digest, Vol 5, Issue 276
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 12:24:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Margaret,

In my family research I have a relative who was transported to
Tasmania for "highway robbery". The incident occurred in the
Ballylanders area in 1843 and his co-accused was a young man whos 1st
name I can't remember, but his surname was Keyes. If you do a seach on
the Transportation records database on the National Archives website
you may find him there. I also remember there being a Keyes family in
the Ballingarry Tithe Applotments records.

Regards,
Kathleen