KILGORE-L Archives

Archiver > KILGORE > 1998-11 > 0911251527

From: "Jan Valdez" <>
Subject: Stephen and Rebecca question
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:25:27 -0700

Thanks for the welcome to the list!

First I just need to clear up my original message on my family. Jerry wrote
back:

> Janice, I believe you have the wrong father for Stephen Kilgore,
> who married Rebecca Salyers. This Stephen Kilgore was the
> son of Robert and Winnie Clayton Kilgore.

Sorry, my message came out wrong. This is the way it looked:

3. From John K. Kilgore down for certain:

1. Stephen Kilgore (1767-1841) & Rebecca Salyers (1770-1860)
1 Hiram Kilgore (1791-) & Nancy Layne
1 John K. Kilgore (1825 - 1912) & Martha Jane
Maxfield (1835 - 1912)

I wasn't showing John as father of Stephen, I was only noting that I was only
absolutely certain of the information from John (b. 1825) and Martha Jane
Kilgore down. That note wasn't supposed to be stuck right above Stephen. I do
not have any actual proof that John was son of Hiram and Nancy Kilgore. Hope to
find some. But some think he is based on circumstantial evidence.

I have several questions and have been going through the archives but haven't
found answers yet. I will start with one regarding Stephen and Rebecca (Salyer)
Kilgore of Tennessee. What is the source or sources for the names of their
children? Appreciate any help.

Jan V.

This thread: